Primary objective and aims of the Russian Academy of Sciences are as follows:
- development of the academic and educational science integration, participation of the RAS scientific organizations in training and advanced training of the higher education specialists;
- enhancement of the scientific cooperation and interaction with the industry-specific scientific academies, other scientific organization engaged in the fundamental and applied science research;
- expansion of interaction between science and industry, participation in the innovative activity, in the implementation of the scientific and technical achievements, assistance in development of the high-tech branches of the Russian economy;
- development of international scientific cooperation, foreign economic activity;
- participation in promotion and advocacy of scientific knowledge and scientific research achievements.
RAS Charter, Goals and Objectives